Skip to main content

The School Office processes all payments to the school. Please send in any payments in clearly marked envelopes – these can be put into the ‘Black Postbox’ in the Office Reception area.

Please speak to staff in the school office if you have any queries about payments please.


Tuition for a range of instruments is available. Please speak to Mrs Bacon (Music Manager) to discuss suitability for your child and available places.

Fees are payable termly in advance.

Recorders – £22 per term

Guitars, Violins, Brass, Woodwind, Drums – £65 per term


School Dinners are currently £2.10 per day.  Parents are asked to pre-order their child’s meals using Scopay.

Any food allergies or dietary needs need to be given to the School Office – forms from our meals provider are available.


A range of trips are offered that support learning across the curriculum. Parents are requested to make a contribution to the cost of trips.

In some year groups residential trips are offered ; currently these include Nethercott Farm, Devon and PGL, Dorset.


As St Swithun’s is a voluntary aided (VA) school we do need parental help; whilst the education and day to day costs of the school are funded by the Government via the Local Authority, the Government will only fund 90% of any building or maintenance works required by any VA schools.  We, the school community, must raise the remaining 10%.  Without the Building Fund we would not be able to make the improvements we have made to our school.

We have been able to maintain setting the minimum level of donation as our parents are so supportive in paying into this fund.  However, this can only be maintained if all parents continue to contribute.

The contribution Governors request is  £30 for the year  and can be paid termly, monthly or weekly, whichever is easier for you, and can be paid by cash or cheque to the school office.

Standing orders can also be arranged and if you pay income tax please gift aid your donation, adding an extra 25%!  Please call into the office for further information!

If you have any query or difficulty with payments, please do not hesitate to contact the school office, and together with the Governors we will endeavour to help.

Translate »